As a student in college I’m always looking to go exploring and adventuring. I especially love going into Manhattan and going to places I’ve never been before. New York City is such a beautiful place filled with culture, music, and art. I’m lucky enough to live close and be able to explore at any given day (of course, if homework or studying doesn’t impede). Doing something new with someone can bring you closer instantly because you’re making memories. Therefore, I always go with a few friends!
I’ve collaborated a list of places I think another college student or any person would enjoy visiting in New York City. Some of these places are known landmarks but others are places I’ve found myself that I am recommending to you guys.
- Black Tap Burgers and Beer – BEST MILKSHAKES EVER!!!!!!!!
- Chik-fil-a Times Square
- Broadway show – I recommend Wicked, CHICAGO, and Jersey Boys
- Times square – If you’re in New York City, it’s a must
- Carmine’s – Family Style Italian Cuisine
- Serafina – Upscale dining in the heart of it all and near Broadway
- Forever 21 Times Square – With 4 floors!!!
- The High Line – Some really beautiful sights and great picture opportunities
- Bryant park – Very pretty in the winter time with ice skating cheaper than Central Park
- Rockefeller Center – At Christmas time to see the beautiful Christmas tree
- Patrick’s Cathedral – I’ve never been inside but the architecture on the outside is AMAZING!!!
- Late Night Show – I suggest any and all but I’ve been to Stephen Colbert and it was a blast
- Sporting event – Madison Square Garden if you’re a hockey or basketball fan. Into baseball? Then Yankee Stadium or Citi Field for the Mets
- Brooklyn Bridge – You can walk it and see the beautiful NYC skyline
- Empire State Building – GO TO THE TOP!!
- Statue of Liberty – Taking the ferry is pretty cool to get there and the sight is beautiful!
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – I already have a post on that so click here
- The Museum of Modern Art
- Central Park – The most greenery you’ll see in Manhattan and its essential to go check out
- The Sugar Factory – Those drinks look amazing!! I still need to get there and try it out but I’ve heard amazing things!!
- The Bagel Store in Brooklyn – Rainbow bagels and much, much more
- 10 Below – Very cool ice cream store!!
If you actually go to any of these places or have been, let me know in the comments!!